Library Materials by Mail
The East Bonner County Library District provides books and other library materials to homebound people of all ages who have a current EBCL library card in good standing. If you are a resident of the East Bonner County Library District and cannot travel to either of the District’s two libraries or the bookmobile, you have the option of requesting that books, magazines, pamphlets, audio books, CD’s, Playaways and DVDs be mailed to you, postage paid. The recipient is responsible for return postage.
Shipments will be restricted to one mailing per month, per residence.
To be eligible for this service, you must be a resident of the EBCL district, and hold a current library card. Your record must be clear of fines and fees.
To register for Materials by Mail, contact the Outreach Coordinator at 208-263-6930 ext. 212
- You are responsible for all materials checked out on your card and for their safe return to the library. Replacement charges may be assessed for anything which is lost or damaged.
- Materials and the mailing bag should be returned to a branch library location or the bookmobile on or before the date they are due. You may choose to return your items by mail at your expense. Your materials will be sent in a mailing envelope, and another self addressed envelope will be enclosed with your shipment for easy return. All you provide is the return postage.
Requests for materials by mail may be submitted by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail or in person at any branch library in the district.
One person per household will be enrolled in the materials by mail service, but that person may request for any family member of their household.
Check-Out and Renewals
- There is a limit of 12 items per household per month.
- There will be a three (3)-week check-out period for most library materials. DVDs and Electronic Games have a check out period of two weeks. When a title has been requested by more than one patron, and has been included on a reserve list, that item cannot be renewed.
- Books, magazines, pamphlets, audio books, CD’s, and Playaways may be renewed for three (3) weeks. DVDs and Electronic Games may be renewed for one week – just give us a call or renew online or by e-mail.
- Oversized and Reference books are not available for checkout.
- Shipments are restricted to one (1) mailing per month per household.
- You will be responsible for the safe return of all materials checked out on your card.
- Items may be returned to either of the district’s library locations or the bookmobile, or returned by mail to the Sandpoint Branch Library, 1407 Cedar St., Sandpoint, ID 83864, at the patron’s expense.
Fines and Fees
- Overdue items will be charged at the rate of $0.50 per item.
- Any additional charges that might occur with this service will be added to the patron’s account.
For more information on this service, please contact the Outreach Coordinator:
Lynn Hayes, 208-263-6930 ext. 212